Monday, April 14, 2008

Build phase week 10 " injuries bite"

So the end of week 10 has arrived and only 10 more to go! , and I feel like I will make it through this training no matter what, unless I break my leg or something stupid, God forbid; finding time to even do this blog seems like a chore lately, we're so busy with tax time here and our first tri coming up on next Sunday at Sooke...all I do is work eat sleep train- work eat sleep train ..ha ha.

I have a new bike on the way, it's a 2006 Jamis Trilogy... alum frame tri specific with the wheel cut out and aero tubes, I'm excited about that but it won't be here in time to do the Sooke tri so I will be using the R500 on that race, sadly the R2000 has been put to rest and will probably become a bike for the trainer; I will however be doing the Shawnigan sprint and my first half ironman on the new bike hopefully! and who knows I may just pick up a bit more speed..(smile)

Well this weeks training went pretty good all in all ; we finally got some of the crinkles straitened out in our training schedule, on Wednesday morning we now do our track work at 6:00am so latter that evening we can do our swim up at the pool and fit in the whole workout, and on Friday at 6:00am we do our swim which is the condensed version ..a little short but hey it's all we can do; then latter after work we do our steady run, it took a few weeks to get this figured out because of the increase in training but are happy to have this working good now.

My fitness level continues to improve on all fronts , I feel strong on the bike even riding the R500 with the added weight of the bike itself..3-4 more pounds but hey I can really fly down hills...yaaaaaa!. My track work is going well and I am managing to complete the workouts lately with no real problems; but some were between Thursday and Friday afternoon I somehow pulled a tendon, It didn't interfere with Saturdays (brick) bike ride too much although I felt it a little on the run portion. I can't seem to figure out which activity I injured it on and have been trying to RICE it as much as possible. On Sunday morning I felt really good as Tammy and I got ready to do our 45min. steady run; so at about the 1.5 km mark I stoped and Tam sent me home, I had a bit more pain than I was willing to tolerate and I was so frustrated on the way home having to miss another run and feeling that I am going to go in reverse with this training instead of forward, I said why me! my soul wants to run! and my leg said no no no....argggg!!!
Latter on that afternoon we headed for fast water in Nanaimo to do our endurance swim, with a distance of 2600m to do I was hoping my tendon would at least let me swim....and well it did....the main set of 2000m I completed in 41:07 with a total swim time of 55:45 for 2600m workout, I was pretty happy about that but then again I did not get much of a run that morning and figured I just had lots of extra energy to burn. he he.

This week toward the end I'll be backing off just a hair on the workouts in preparation for Sundays race, I'm so pumped to get going and hope my tendon is better by then, a week goes too fast when your on the mend. Next week I'll be posting a race report! yippi !

1 comment:

Triguy Varmint said...

Way to stay positive there Ivan! Gotta work Sunday but will be checking the results, blog or e-mail on how it all went when I get off after 11:00pm. Good luck to you and the Mrs. in the Sprint and you go kick ass man.....Gar