Sunday, April 6, 2008

Build phase week 9 " bump in the road"


I'm glad this week has finally come to an end, it has been difficult to deal with the work load of training ,work and everything else in between; it has tested me physically and mentally and I think it's just wore me out a bit and by Saturday morning it left me wondering why I was even bothering to do this half iron man,; at one point I didn't want anything to do with swimming biking or running, I was feeling it was taking far too much away from everything and I just wanted to quit! , but my Tammy wouldn't let me stop at this point and our good friend and tri buddy Gary came over just in the nick of time to convince me that these lows are all in part of this type of training , and that I've come too far to stop now; so thanks for that Gary, and although today was still a little rough I have decided that I must forge onward and try to put the past behind me and hopefully learn how to better handle these situations.

Next week we are half way through our training program and I hope to have a better week in spite of a few minor set backs; so till then that's all .

1 comment:

Triguy Varmint said...

Good on you for prevailing Ivan. HeHe...Love that shaving cartoon. That is so priceless. Train Smart.