Monday, May 12, 2008

Build phase week 14 "Here I cold again!"

I was hoping at the end of last week I wasn't coming down with something but I was wrong, (sad) I have had this crappy head cold all week and still have it today with no signs of it going away yet, it has made getting all the workouts in very tough so I have been just doing the ones I feel most important, like the track work I vow not to miss at all! I feel like I have missed too much but when I look at the training log I really have not and in fact I even set two PR's on one of our regular run routes this week, one was after a 76km bike and again I have been amazed by this progress in myself.
Next week is the start of " Peak phase" and we only have 6 weeks of training left! the time has been really flying by I tell you, also we are supposed to get some warmer temps at the end of the week and hopefully it will help cook this awfull head cold out of me..he he. The JT has been great so far but will take a few more weeks to adjust to this aero position, I really seem to feel it in my hamstrings after long rides which saves my quads for the run...hence Sats. PR.?
Swimming I have not done all week..bad bad...but I am not at all worried about it as I have progressed so well in this discipline as well, it would have been nice to get the lake swim in to prepare for the Shawnigan sprint on the 25th but I will try to get in a least two more before that event.
And on that note due to increasing head pressure...oh no it's gonna explode! Ha ha!.. I am going to sign off and kick back with a cup of lemon ginger tea and get some much needed RR.

No comments: