Sunday, June 15, 2008

Peak phase week 19 " One week to go! "

With the 1/2 taper week behind me now I am happy to finally arrive at full taper week...whew what a long haul! but really most of it has become a pretty routine part of life and I am sure there will be a little emptiness soon after, but you know it will be good to get back to doing some regular things around the house and with friends which have both been neglected a bit..he he.

I have no idea where the past week has gone but it has gone in a flash! and this week will be no exception I'm sure; most of the training week was all standard stuff except for my last visit to physio on Friday...my Soleus has come a long way and healed up pretty good, I shouldn't have to go back unless I have problems after the race but overall its done well considering I continued to train through it all and just backed off the running a bit.

On Saturday we headed down to the race site to do a preview of the bike route and most of it seems pretty good other than some narrow sections with no shoulder , and a few busy intersections which I'm sure will be well controlled on race day, this was my first time riding out on West Sanich area and I think its kind of hard to really learn where all the hazards are so I will have to exercise some caution! and not let the full dare devil out of me..ha ha.. I do want to finish the day in one piece right.

Afterwards we went a did one run loop around Elk/Beaver lake...And lots of memories were coming back from when Tammy did here duathlon here in 2005 and of course her ultra marathons 50km in 2003, 2004 and I'll never forget the 50mile in 2005 which was the ACU championship for that distance / year and she took the #2 spot in Canada and placed 1fst in her age group.....these are great memories for me and her as well and now I will finally run the same route ...this so cool I never imagined one day running here ...but there I was running side by side with Tam previewing the route and getting a good feeling that I would be fine on race day.

So this is it my final regular posting and I am kind of sad it has come to an end, but in doing this blog and being faithfull about it I have learnt that perseverance comes in many forms not just physical but mental as well, and by pushing to get blogging done no matter how tired I was from work or training taught me along the way that I would make it through the training program as well...the two combined have been wonderfull companions.

OK I guess that's about it, I'm all fired up and ready to rip as the excitement begins to build now for race day......and I look forward to posting my race report.

No comments: