Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Base phase week one "Day three the frozen rain"

Now I'm begining to understand why they call it ironman! , if you make it through the training you should be able to finish the race after all this training.
Today was a test in itself , after dinner Tam and I geared up and headed out for our fartlek with 6x 30 sec. sprints, at first I thought a little bit of rain wont hurt but by the time we finished our 2km warmup I surendered my gloves to Tam cause her hands were frozen; it was much colder than expected and was starting to half freeze rain/ sleet and by the time we got ready to start lap two back by our house the wind picked up and was blowing frozen rain into our faces, needless to say at that point in time my running form was shot! , but we soldiered on with freezing fore arms fingers ect. All I could think about was something like Gary would say on our rainy bike rides was this is to build character ( Gary is one of our tri buddies and mentors ) well I tell you tonight we had to be really crazy or very determend to be out there... I think the latter...ha!

It was sure nice to hit the pool after that run with a 1500m workout with much less traffic in the lane than my last swim so I got much more from this one. Over all I feel pretty good so far and I will post on Monday 11th (rest day) which will mark the end of week one.

No comments: