Sunday, February 17, 2008

Base phase week two "End of week two"


The end of week two has arrived today and I'm thankfull for that, I really need that rest day on Monday!

It has been hard these past couple of days, maybe on the verge of over trained, we skipped fridays swim and did weights instead and today I only did the endurance swim and not the run; I have been sore most of the week and it has shown in my running of course my weakest sport, but even on Saturday's brick I was a bit slugish and even ended up walking for a few minutes untill I could refocuss my mind and energy to finish without stopping, which I did. The ride portion I felt that I was also not having a great day, having stayed behind Tammy most of the ride. So not running today was decided at Gary's last night after we watched the 2007 Ironman in Kona, and it felt good not to run today because it just took some pressure off knowing I'll have a few extra much needed days of rest from running.

My endurance swim went very well today we did 2000m ...250m warm up 1500 main set and 250m cool down that took me 53 min. and I felt great about that! I had finished up before Tam and did another 350m of drills . In the main set I only stopped briefly to sip some Gatorade and felt good the whole time and settled into a nice relaxed rhythm and just tried to feel my complete stroke, Tam said I looked like a swan in the water all gracefull ! I think I was just really relaxed and that seems to be the key to find your sweet spot and it feels like you could go on forever.

So now I am preparing for week three and again things are ramped up a little bit more, I know that I jumped in head first on this training program at level 4 out of 10 it is pretty ambitious and hopefully this is doable for me as I am learning that sometimes it takes more than just a I can attitude but I will give it my best and shoot for the stars; and if I have to back things off a little I am ok with that because it will give my body more of a chance to adjust to the workload.


Having said all that I am just still learning what it means and takes to be a triathlete and I am enjoying the highs and lows of the journey so far and I am excited to continuie posting my progress!

No comments: