Monday, February 4, 2008

Base phase week one "First day training"


Today I began day 1 of a 20 week program desinged to help me fulfill my quest to complete my first half ironman.

Got home from work at about 5:10pm , Tammy my wife said she was going to duck out of the run today but insisted I still go, I am geting used to these little runs by myself now and then anyways; decided to eat a half bar for fuel.. I was starving! and slipped on my run gear and headed out for my run of 6km. I felt really good on the run and managed to keep a good steady pace today. Tam had my dinner ready when I got home.. nice... then after din we got to lounge around before heading of to the pool.

We arrived at the pool side with only one person in the lane, that was nice until about 20 min later there were 8 people in one lane at various speeds, kind of frustrating cause I was in the middle of doing 8x100 25 easy 25 fast, so I did not get the full potential of this workout but made the best of it anyways ; small town Ladysmith pool is fine at times but for our serious workouts we may head to Nanaimo

Overall the training for my first day went well and I'm so excited that it has begun!

1 comment:

Tri-Guy said...

8 people in the lane. Bummer! Maybe it was just a freak day Ivan. Good for you for getting out there anyway especially on your run.